httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache-Test
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:01:06 GMT

> may be we should stop trying to parse the leading string and just gor
> for "/x.y.zz" part. Otherwise we will never satisfy everybody.

I think the last time this came up we decided that we just couldn't satsify
everyone and we left it as is.

my personal pov is that Apache-Test is for the Apache webserver as it ships
from httpd.apache.org - if third parties want to mess with the official
server designation they can, this being open source and all, but then they
shouldn't expect software that adheres to the conventions within httpd to
run without similar modifications.

that is, if you patch httpd to create a custom server name you can patch
Apache-Test to work with the custom name if you want it to work with your
distribution.  it shouldn't be the development team's issue.

--Geoff