httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache-Test
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:56:01 GMT
Hi Oden,

> I have been struggling for several hours now trying to understand how
> Apache-Test is supposed to work with mod_perl-2.0.0-RC3, apache-2.0.52 and
> Mandrakelinux. I'm maintaining these softwares in Mandrakelinux.
>
> Apache-Test seems to think it's a apache-1.x environment passing -D APACHE1
> and for example using "Port" in the generated config file. Even though I have
> constructed a httpd.conf.in file it still wants to put Port in the generated
> file. I'm very confused..., and no perl hacker.

don't touch httpd.conf. httpd.conf.in will be ignored. if you want to add
more config it has to be named differently. Please see:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Extending_Configuration_Setup
I guess it should say that people must not create httpd.conf.in.

please explain in detail (show the commands) what are doing, since I don't
understand how did you get A-T think it's running apache1.

A-T is bundled with modperl and it's the one that should be run. Not any
previously installed A-T.