httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From venugopal Narayanabhatla <vnugo...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject couple of questions on "flood" tool.
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:20:37 GMT
Hi ,

I have downloaded and compiled the code and get the examples working,
but does not work when I am trying to customize to  my environment,

I want to use it loadtest our relayserver which accepts POST requests of
different file sizes , and then also accetps GET requests to get those
POSTed files.

1. This is my original request(from the capture using a proxy), I am
trying to use
PRIMARY POST URI
"http://test-cs1.msg.sc5.yahoo.com:7002/qa.cgi?token="+MY_TOKEN+ &
        "&sender=testuser&recver=tuser HTTP/1.0" ON 1            &
        HEADER DEFAULT_HEADERS            &
          ,BODY
"qa=stestigtesdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfdsfsdfdsfd"

So I  included this in my test,.xml file in flood

 <url method="POST"
payload="qa=stestigtesdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfdsfsdfdsfd">http://test-cs1.msg.sc5.yahoo.com:7002/qa.cgi?token=wce3BB6
obAef_UVR9yalMQu8RMgDqvhGc-&amp;sender=testuser&amp;recver=tuser
HTTP/1.0</url>

It does not work.
A. Is payload the right parameter to specifiy the body of the POST
request. Is there a way to include different sizes of files in the request.
B. Is there a way to parameterise different parts of  a url from a file
and run the tests.

I appologise for spamming the whole list. but I need some help here.

thanks,
Venu