httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Youens-Clark <kycl...@gmail.com>
Subject Flood output
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:34:55 GMT
Hi,

I just discovered flood, and I'm interested in writing my own report
based on the raw output.  The only documentation I can find is here:

	http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-test/flood/docs/docbook/
flood.xml?rev=1.8&view=markup

Last updated on April 15, 2004, where it says at the very end:

     <!-- This section needs to be written. Volunteers? [jacekp] -->
     <chapter>
         <title>Analyzing Flood output</title>
         <para>No information available at this time.</para>
     </chapter>

I've done a bit of reverse engineering with the
"examples/analyze-relative" script and believe that the columns
represent the following:

1  ???
2  connect
3  write
4  read
5  close
6  response
7  ???
8  URL

As you can see, I can't figure out the 1st and 7th columns.  I would
love it if someone could help me out on this.  I'm working on a Perl
version of the "analyze-relative" script so I can expand what it does.

Perhaps a question I should get answered before all of the above is
whether flood is still being developed, if it is reliable/doing what I
think, etc.?  Should I be using flood or can someone point me to a
better program for stress-testing a web server with a bunch of URLs.

ky