httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Oden Eriksson <oeriks...@mandrakesoft.com>
Subject Re: A-T: httpd.conf.in
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:56:56 GMT
fredag 14 januari 2005 19.49 skrev Stas Bekman:
> Oden Eriksson wrote:
> >>
> >>that feels like a lot of work to me - like making A-T respect the Port
> >>setting from httpd.conf.in, because that's what they would expect.
> >>
> >>I think that -httpd_conf, -httpd_conf_extra, and extra.conf.in should be
> >>more than enough for the vast majority of people.
> >>
> >>so +1 for just removing it from the README, but if you want to make it
> >>work, feel free.
> >
> > No no, please keep it, I just discovered it does work. Ths is my current
> > way to use it:
> >
> > --------------- [snippet, start] ---------------
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > if [ -f t/httpd.pid ]; then rm -f t/httpd.pid; fi
> >
> > echo "PidFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.pid" > t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> > echo "AcceptMutex fcntl" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> > echo "LockFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.lock" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> > echo "TypesConfig /etc/httpd/conf/apache-mime.types" >>
> > t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> >
> > for i in `/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q LIBEXECDIR`/*.so; do
> >     new_name=`basename ${i}|sed 's/mod_//g'|sed 's/\.so//g'`
> > echo "LoadModule ${new_name}_module ${i}" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> > done
> >

> > make \
> >     APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1 \
> >     TEST_VERBOSE=1 \
> >     APACHE_TEST_HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd2 \
> >     APACHE_TEST_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs2 \
> >     test
> > --------------- [snippet, end] ---------------
> >
> > The server fails to start, but that's something else. I noticed though
> > that if the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf exists A-T is trying to inherit
> > that config (inherit_config) but this fails as this file is for
> > apache-1.x. Shouldn't something from "httpd2 -V" be used instead?
>
> Take a look at: lib/Apache/TestConfigParse.pm:sub inherit_config {
> it should find the correct global config file, please check that code to
> see if something goes wrong.

I looked at it but it's hard to understand. I couldn't find where it actually
looks for the httpd.conf file.

> > Also the mod_perl module as all other code is built as non root, so
> > certain files and directories can't be access. The snipppet above solves
> > some of that.
>
> A-T handles that internally. See
>
>    lib/Apache/TestRun.pm:sub adjust_t_perms {
>
> if you intervene with normal process, then you are on your own.
>
> I still can't understand what's wrong with the autogenerated httpd.conf,
> that you need to write your own. Please explain.

Ok. As it cannot find the correct httpd.conf file I have to do it like this.
But I suspect even if it would, it wouldn't work anyway as we use two main
config files and includes specific module config files using the scandir
feature (Include conf.d/*.conf). SUSE does it like that too, as well as
RedHat, PLD, ALTLinux, and perhaps many more. As a non root user I do not
have permissions to write a PidFile or LockFile unless it's in a directory I
have permissions to.

I would be happy if I could disable this inherit_config thing so it does not
search for any configuration files at all.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson