httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Oden Eriksson <oeriks...@mandrakesoft.com>
Subject Re: A-T: httpd.conf.in
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:25:32 GMT
fredag 14 januari 2005 01.21 skrev Geoffrey Young:
> > I think we should implement it, since if someone is very unhappy about
> > the autogenerated httpd.conf they can supply their custom httpd.conf.in
>
> that feels like a lot of work to me - like making A-T respect the Port
> setting from httpd.conf.in, because that's what they would expect.
>
> I think that -httpd_conf, -httpd_conf_extra, and extra.conf.in should be
> more than enough for the vast majority of people.
>
> so +1 for just removing it from the README, but if you want to make it
> work, feel free.

No no, please keep it, I just discovered it does work. Ths is my current way
to use it:

--------------- [snippet, start] ---------------
#!/bin/bash

if [ -f t/httpd.pid ]; then rm -f t/httpd.pid; fi

echo "PidFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.pid" > t/conf/httpd.conf.in
echo "AcceptMutex fcntl" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
echo "LockFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.lock" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
echo "TypesConfig /etc/httpd/conf/apache-mime.types" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in

for i in `/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q LIBEXECDIR`/*.so; do
    new_name=`basename ${i}|sed 's/mod_//g'|sed 's/\.so//g'`
echo "LoadModule ${new_name}_module ${i}" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
done

make \
    APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1 \
    TEST_VERBOSE=1 \
    APACHE_TEST_HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd2 \
    APACHE_TEST_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs2 \
    test

The server fails to start, but that's something else. I noticed though that if
the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf exists A-T is trying to inherit that config
(inherit_config) but this fails as this file is for apache-1.x. Shouldn't
something from "httpd2 -V" be used instead?

Also the mod_perl module as all other code is built as non root, so certain
files and directories can't be access. The snipppet above solves some of
that.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson