httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Oden Eriksson <oeriks...@mandrakesoft.com>
Subject Re: Apache-Test
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:04:05 GMT
torsdag 13 januari 2005 16.15 skrev Stas Bekman:
> Oden Eriksson wrote:
> [...]
>
> >>Please post the output of:
> >>% t/TEST -conf -trace=debug
> >
> > Attached.
>
> So it has matched it as revision 1:
>  > [  debug] Matched Apache revision
>
> Apache-PREFORK-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.52 1
>
> Frankly I have no idea how could it possibly happen.
>
> And that's where the problem is coming from.
>
> Please try this patch:

[...]

That worked! Thanks Stas!

But now I need to feed it with defines somehow and make it include module
specific files from /etc/conf/conf.d/*.conf that should provide further info.

This is tricky, but fun!

> >>I think what happens is this. MP_INST_APACHE2=1 tweaks Makefile to insert
> >>mp2 modules into Apache2 subdir, but since you use a custom INSTALLDIRS
> >> it fails to do that. And then:
> >>
> >>     if ($rev == 2) {
> >>         eval { require Apache2 && require mod_perl };
> >>     } else {
> >>         eval { require mod_perl };
> >>     }
> >>
> >>loads modperl1.
> >>
> >>but I've just tried here with the same options and it works fine.
> >
> > I also tried to leave out MP_INST_APACHE2=1  as well as not having
> > mod_perl-common-1.3.31_1.29-3mdk installed.
> >
> > I just saw this:
> >
> > Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
> >         META.yml
> >
> > But the file is there.
>
> It's possible that Apache-Test/Makefile.PL is the one that has complained.
> But ignore that for now.

Ok.

> >>what do you mean requisite? you mean mp2 requires mp1?
> >
> > Maybe it's a thing of the past, or I'm just too tired right now. At one
> > time I saw something like "Found mod_perl-1.x, good, will install
> > relatively to Apache2/". And that message was despite the
> > MP_INST_APACHE2=1 thing.
>
> Hmm, do you think it's a misleading message? I guess we could remove it if
> MP_INST_APACHE2=1 is used explicitly.

That would be great! That would mean I don't have to have any apache_1 stuff
installed when building this module.

Thanks Stas.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson