httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: A-T: testmore failures
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:07:09 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>the problem is simple - A-T's test suite doesn't use
>>Apache::TestRunPerl, so all the special stuff needed by modperl is not
>>used. So it picks the default module it finds (if any). in this case it
>>picks the wrong mod_perl.so, and the server side ends up running under a
>>different perl.
>

> yeah, well... it's not _my_ fault that the test checks for Test::More and
> mod_perl but the embedded mod_perl.so isn't the same :)

if that was the only reason, Apache::TestRunPerl wouldn't have been needed
in first place. so you are looking at encountering other problems, as you
try to run modperl tests without using a correct environment.

>>So I think the only solution to this is enforce that A-T tests require
>>installed modperl.
>
> I wouldn't want to do that - people other than mod_perl folks are using this
> and I wouldn't want to effectively say "the tests can't be run unless you're
> using mod_perl, loser."

In which case those tests don't belong to that test suite, IMHO.

>>or something else needs to be done with t/more.
>
> or not worry about it at all - t/more isn't in the MANIFEST, so it will only
> be a "problem" for people like us.  I mean, we can spend tuits mucking
> around with it, but I don't think it's all that important, since
> -withtestmore is marked as "useful but experimental" anyway.

Why not put it in a separate test suite then? That should be an easy thing
to do, and Apache-Test already includes additional test suites since a few
days.