httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Problem building Apache::Test module on RHEL WS 3.0
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:20:00 GMT
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:46:55PM -0500, Brian McEntire wrote:
>   I did a make clean
>   perl Makefile.PL
>   make test
>
> This time I get a different error message, it appears to success past the
> original 'nobody' problem. The output is:
>
> [warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
> ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl /tmp/Apache-Test-1.16/t/TEST -bugreport
> -verbose=0
> APXS (/usr/sbin/apxs) query for SBINDIR failed
> APXS (/usr/sbin/apxs) query for TARGET failed

Do you have the httpd-devel package installed? IIRC this failure can
occur when Apache-Test finds /usr/sbin/httpd but not /usr/sbin/apxs.

I only ever build directly from the source repos not a tarball, and use:

  perl Makefile.PL -apxs /usr/sbin/apxs
  make && ./t/TEST

running as a local user not root (it's simpler that way); this works
fine with the RHEL3 httpd, unless you have enough modules installed that
you hit the dynamic module limit.

Regards,

joe