httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: FW: Re: Apache::TestRequest + Cookies
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:18:06 GMT
Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>> Sounds good. Though it'll probably need to leave in the modperl2's
>> test suite and not Apache-Test's one. but let's see the code first and
>> then see where it's the best to apply it. You can use the
>> to make it easy to write the test.
> I guess that's where I'm getting confused. Why would this be in mp2
> rather than in A-T, since I'm really trying to confirm a scenerio under
> A-T. Obviously there's something I'm missing.

It should be in A-T, but since your test requires modperl it'd be better
be in modperl, since chances are that A-T won't have modperl available and
then it'll be skipped.

So may be your original mod_usertrack idea was better, as it doesn't
depend on mod_perl's availability (but at the same time depends on

The reason I'm OK with adding A-T tests to modperl is that we run modperl2
tests all the time, much more often than A-T tests, so it's probably a
second best place to put those cookie tests. In fact you can already find
some cookie tests in the modperl2 test suite (against

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message