httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: extending t_cmp to handle !t_cmp?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:28:30 GMT

> - We still don't have Test::More in the 5.6.1 core (it was added in
> 5.6.2/5.8.0), so we can't rely on it being available.

sure, but you can conditionally skip over those tests for users that don't
have Test::More installed.  I know that currently doing that is kind of
ugly, but we could come up with some pretty shortcuts for this if you like.

> - Test::More's verbose output doesn't work the way we want, it prints
> out the expected/received values only on failure, making it really hard
> to develop tests.

that's a matter of personal preference - I very much prefer the behavior of
is() to t_cmp() :)

anyway, I understand your concerns, so go ahead and implement it if you
like.  it just feels really, really bad to continue moving as though the
Perl community hasn't already solved these problems with what is considered
to be the standard testing module.

--Geoff