httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: extending t_cmp to handle !t_cmp?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:18:24 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>so we probably need to introduce a new directive t_cmp_no() or something
>>similar which will be run as:
>>
>>  ok t_cmp_no $received, qr/message/
>>
>>and log as:
>>
>># testing : whatever
>># expected: ! (?-xism:message)
>># received: [...] [notice] [client 127.0.0.1] message must not appear!
>>not ok 32
>>
>>or something like that. internally it'd run !~, neq and != depending on
>>the arguments.
>

> I suppose.
>
> however, with Test::More now fully integrated, I wonder why we need to add
> more of our own functions that merely mimic what Test::More already offers.
>  in this case, you're asking for Test::More's unlike().

Two reasons:

- We still don't have Test::More in the 5.6.1 core (it was added in
5.6.2/5.8.0), so we can't rely on it being available.

- Test::More's verbose output doesn't work the way we want, it prints out
the expected/received values only on failure, making it really hard to
develop tests.

But otherwise I'm certainly not in favor to duplicate the API.