httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::TestRequest + Cookies
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:07:02 GMT
Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Either way if you find how to use A-T to handle cookies or fix it to
>> do so, it's be handy to add a new A-T tests (in addition to existing
>> ones in Apache-Test/t/) so we don't break this feature in the future,
>> which is easily possible sans having a test.
>>
>> Plus it'll be great to have this documented... if you don't have the
>> time to send a proper patch, feel free to send some blurb+example(s)
>> here and I'll adopt it for the docs.
>

> Assuming Michaels solution works:
>     Apache::TestRequest::user_agent( cookie_jar => {});
>
> Are we looking for something more official to the actual Test::Request
> API; a new method, better parameters, etc; or is the above just good
> enough for a little mention?

I'd suggest to start with just a test and a little mention. Later on if we
get people unhappy with this solution, we can make it a method...

really the new A-T development is triggered by demand of those who use and
develop it, so if you use A-T and you need a new feature, feel free to
send a patch including code+docs+test and chances are that it'll just go
in. And if you have lots of those and you send decent patches, it's easy
to become a committer :)