httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:02:52 GMT

> what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
> data in .cvsignore has migrated to.

each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which files
to ignore.  see

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/apas06.html

for metadata info in general,

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html

for property foo, specifically grep for svn:ignore.

for other useful cvs to svn migration stuff

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/apa.html

is helpful if you haven't already seen it.

for me, I've found this entirely unintuitive, since I can't seem to find a
way to _add_ files to ignore without first gleaning which are currently
ignored from .svn/.  that is, since there seems to be no propadd option, I'm
left with recreating .cvsignore from .svn/dir-props, adding the new file to
ignore, then slurping up .cvsignore svn propset.  and I always seem to cause
some sort of conflict when I want to set properties on . instead of a
directory below it.

so, if anyone has any pointers here, that would be great :)

--Geoff