httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:02:52 GMT

> what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
> data in .cvsignore has migrated to.

each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which files
to ignore.  see

for metadata info in general,

for property foo, specifically grep for svn:ignore.

for other useful cvs to svn migration stuff

is helpful if you haven't already seen it.

for me, I've found this entirely unintuitive, since I can't seem to find a
way to _add_ files to ignore without first gleaning which are currently
ignored from .svn/.  that is, since there seems to be no propadd option, I'm
left with recreating .cvsignore from .svn/dir-props, adding the new file to
ignore, then slurping up .cvsignore svn propset.  and I always seem to cause
some sort of conflict when I want to set properties on . instead of a
directory below it.

so, if anyone has any pointers here, that would be great :)

View raw message