httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Subversion conversion
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:29:07 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Sander Striker wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm finally taking care of the conversion of httpd-* to SVN.
>>I'll follow up with instructions on how to pull new workingcopies,
>>etc etc.  I'm looking for volunteers to actually write a page
>>for developers on where to get SVN and how to check out the
>>sources from the SVN repository.
>

> I thought we had discussed httpd-test a while back - something like we
> couldn't migrate httpd-test to subversion until modperl-2.0 was also
> migrated to subversion, since a mp2 checkout includes part
> httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test.
>
> personally, I'd rather use subversion for everything, and I can't recall the
> specifics of the issue, but I thought I'd bring it up in case it makes sense
> to somebody :)

It's just that someone needs to simultaneously move modperl-2.0 to
subversion too. And modperl-docs too, since they are checked out into
modperl-2.0 check out. As long as this is all done at once there should be
no problem. None of these projects had any branching so it shouldn't be a
problem. But I've next to zero experience with subversion, so I'm not
volunteering to do that.

Also it's important to keep a frozen version of the cvs, so one could
still get cvs diffs for those modified checkouts that we have, for work in
progress.

So first modperl-docs needs to be moved, then httpd-test, then
modperl-2.0, I believe.