httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "Guy Ferraiolo" <guy.ferrai...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: some added functionality for flood
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:21:49 GMT
Jacek

Great, I'll do that.

Thanks,

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacek Prucia [mailto:jacek.prucia@acn.waw.pl]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 6:12 PM
To: test-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: some added functionality for flood

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:41:01 -0500
"Guy Ferraiolo" <guy.ferraiolo@cnet.com> wrote:

> Folks
>
> I've developed some additional functionality for flood: random text
> substitution in the URL.
> I think this is a very useful addition and I'd like to have it become
> part of flood.

Great. Flood was missing such a feature. A friend of mine recently
picked up another testing package just because of this.

> The way it works is that your URL contains a string like
'${subst_var}'.
> On each generation of a URL, that entire string is replaced by a line
> randomly chosen from the so-called substitution file.  The
> substitution file is paired with the substition variable (in this case

> subst_var) vis a subst_list xml construct in the flood config file.
> An arbitrary number of variable - file pairings can be defined in the
config file.

> You need 3 things to get this to work:
>
> 1.	You must use a 'requesttemplate' to hold your URL
> 2.	You must supply a 'subst_list' xml construct in your flood
> config file.
> 3.	You must supply a 'substitution file' containing the lines that
> will be randomly substituted.
>
> I have code and a sample configuration file that implements this.
>
> How can I submit this?

Please create an unified diff, like so:

diff -urN flood-original/ flood-modified/ > substitution.patch

...and submit resulting file (attaching it as text/plain) to this list.
You schould also post that sample configuration. I would like to see it
and since flood manual is lagging a bit behind source tree (mea culpa),
it would also serve as documentation for that particular feature.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia