httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:17:24 GMT
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:23:46PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >
> >>what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
> >>data in .cvsignore has migrated to.
> >

> >each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which
> >files
> >to ignore.  see
>
> Yes, but how do I see the change? I've seen Joe removing .cvsignore files.
> I have no idea whether he has added the properties for each of the removed
> files or not. The changes should be emailed no?

The .cvsignore properties were automatically added into the svn:ignore
properties by cvs2svn when the repos was converted, so when I removed
the .cvsignore files that's all I did, nothing else needed tweaking.

When a propchange is committed a notification mail *will* be sent, but
the post-commit script won't actually tell you the before-and-after in
that case, it seems.  I'm not sure whether that's a deficiency of the
script being used or of SVN itself.

(For Geoff): the quick'n'easy way to add a file to svn:ignore is:

  $ svn propedit svn:ignore .

which brings up the property contents in $EDITOR.

joe