httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRequest.pm
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:47:12 GMT
On Oct 25, 2004, at 4:33 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> let's give david a chance to investigate - either to fix or, if a
> quick fix
> isn't obvious, revert the behavior.
>
> if david doesn't respond by, say, wednesday, we (you or I) should feel
> free
> to just revert the change.  maybe david is on vacation or something,
> or just
> temporarily behind in his emails.

No, just hacking. Let's see...oh, I get it. I changed it so that it
ignored $RedirectOK if LWP was installed. That's not necessarily a good
idea, given the goofy way in which this module is written. I've applied
a fix to only let LWP handle the call to redirect_ok() if a an array
reference was passed to user_agent( requests_redirectable => []). Ugh,
that is so ugly!

But this doesn't seem to help t/ssl/basicauth.t. But even if I roll
back the changes that test still fails, so I'm inclined to think that
it's failing for some other reason.

You know, I'm inclined to remove that stupid $RedirectOK global
variable, because you can't tell whether it was set by the user of
Apache::TestRequest. This makes it difficult to decide whether or not
to let LWP handle the call to redirect_ok(). What say you all to my
changing this to a class method, say RedirectOK()? Then it can be
smarter about who is doing what to whom. It would require I change the
tests that rely on it, but they don't appear to be too many:

% grep -r RedirectOK t
t/modules/alias.t:    local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;
t/modules/alias.t:    local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;
t/ssl/proxy.t:        local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;

Thoughts?

Regards,

David