httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRequest.pm
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:03:26 GMT
On Oct 26, 2004, at 10:00 AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> that's not so bad, but it will affect users somewhat - I know that I
> have
> used it in at least one of my tests...

Bleh. Bad Geoff!

> maybe keeping $RedirectOK but moving the perl-framework (and mod_perl)
> over
> to the new API would be a nice compromise (along with a deprecated
> warning
> in Changes).

I decided not to do it this way. I realized that I could just use a
lexical for when the module sets up the redirection and let users
continue to use the (undocumented) package variable. This is handy for
folks who want to use C<local $RedirectOK>, which is a cute hack.

I'm still tempted to replace it with a class method, just to enforce
good practice. If I do so, I'll probably tie $RedirectOK so that it
will indirectly use the class method, and thus remain backward
compatible (and can issue a warning for a while, too). Thoughts?

But not today.

Regards,

David