httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:35:38 GMT

David Wheeler wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2004, at 5:06 PM, geoff@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   add new test_config make target, equivalent to t/TEST -conf,
>>   and make it a prerequisite for the cmodules make target.  now
>>   you can 'make cmodules' to build the things in c-modules/
>>   without running t/TEST -conf first.
>

> Uh, what? Can you tell me what this does, Geoff, so I can figure out
> whether it needs to be implemented for TestMB, too?

sure :)

there was already a cmodules target (as well as a cmodules_clean target).
they used to look like this:

cmodules:
        cd c-modules && $(MAKE) all

cmodules_clean:
        cd c-modules && $(MAKE) clean

if you didn't already know, you can place apache C modules in
c-modules/name/mod_name.c and A-T will automatically compile them via apxs
and add a LoadModule to httpd.conf for you.  for a few examples, see
perl-framework/c-modules/.

anyway, those two targets did not work as specified, since the Makefiles
under c-modules/ do not exist until you run t/TEST -conf (which is done
automatically when you run t/TEST) - simply running 'make cmodules' would bomb.

so, I added a test_config target as a prerequisite to the cmodules and
cmodules_clean targets so that you can now 'make cmodules' and it actually
works.

does that help?

--Geoff