httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: time for Apache-Test 1.14?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 01:04:00 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>

>>>hi all...
>>>
>>>unless mod_perl 1.99_17 is imminent I'd like to roll Apache-Test 1.14
>>>- now
>>>that Devel::Cover works with mod_perl, 1.14 will be the first Apache-Test
>>>release that has the ability to take advantage of Devel::Cover without
>>>significant user modifications (namely due to the addition of
>>>-one-process
>>>and built-in support from TestMB).
>>>
>>>objections?
>>

>>If you don't want to wait for 1.99_17 go ahead, it shouldn't make much
>>difference, other than you will probably have to release Apache-Test
>>1.15 if mp is released shortly thereafter even if there will be no
>>changes to A-T after 1.14 release (since Apache-Test will care a higher
>>version in the mp2 package on release).
>

> right.  which is why I was kinda asking about the next mp2 release.  if you
> tell me it's going to be in the next week or so it probably makes sense to
> hold off.  if it's going to (realistically) be longer than that it makes
> more sense to move forward.

Can't promise anything, we are sort of ready to release _17 but there is a
problem with a worker mpm. Depending on how quickly it's resolved, and
assuming that no other problems will be found, it'll get released.

So it's up to you, probably give it a few days and if you don't see the
candidate by let's say this weekend, go ahead and release it.