httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/c-modules/test_pass_brigade mod_test_pass_brigade.c
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:19:24 GMT
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 jorton@apache.org wrote:

> jorton      2004/09/29 08:03:59
>
>   Modified:    perl-framework/c-modules/test_pass_brigade
>                         mod_test_pass_brigade.c
>   Log:
>   Prevent death by memory consumption in an --enable-pool-debug/-lefence
>   build: allocate and {ab,re}use a single brigade structure rather than
>   allocating one out of r->pool for each block sent (see also "why are
>   brigades allocated out of pools this is insane" threads).

Um, I actually never saw any such threads.  Where were they?

Anyway, there actually was a brief period of time about two years ago when
they were not allocated out of pools.  I was under the mistaken impression
that that was still the case, but apparently brianp reverted his own
commit about a week afterward for some reason I can no longer recall
(presumably it broke something and it was easier at the time to revert
than fix because a new release of httpd was pending).

Brian, do you remember what the deal was there?

--Cliff