httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Workaround (maybe) for getting Apache::Test 1.13 tested on a stock OpenBSD system
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:07:22 GMT

Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>>When I unpack the tarball by hand, set
>>>APACHE_TEST_HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpdu, and run "perl Makefile.PL; make;
>>>make test", everything passes.  This is true whether or not I am
>>>executing the commands as root.
>>

>>How can we programmatically figure out when to add the -u flag? If we
>>can't then we can add APACHE_TEST_HTTPD_OPTIONS env var, which you can
>>set to -u.
>

> we already have APACHE_TEST_EXTRA_ARGS which will do this :)

rats... sorry, APACHE_TEST_EXTRA_ARGS is for A-T, not invoking httpd.  eesh :)

while it doesn't solve problems for anyone running A-T for the first time
(such as when installing via CPAN), +1 to supporting this option as well,
just in case people find it useful.

time to shutdown the computer for the weekend...

--Geoff