httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: -one-process configuration option
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:25:55 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:

>> +                      save no-httpd one-process);
>

> may be it's better to use _ instead of - in the option names, so one
> doesn't need to quote them in the code. -no_httpd, -one_process. It's
> especially nice for -one_process, since it's the same as -DONE_PROCESS.
> Consistency is good :)

drat, I didn't read this in time.  sorry.

I suppose we can do that, but it would mean changing all of these:

  -no-httpd      run the tests without configuring or starting httpd
  -one-process   run the server in single process mode
  -run-tests     run the tests
  -start-httpd   start the test server
  -stop-httpd    stop the test server

while -no-httpd isn't that big of a deal since it's new, -run-tests,
-start-httpd, and -stop-httpd might be a bigger issue.  well, issue is kinda
strong, but you get the idea...

odd that legacy TestConfig arguments all have underscores, while TestRun
arguments have dashes.  maybe it's to remind you that TestConfig uses "-apxs
/foo/apxs" (no equals) while TestRun uses "-debug=ddd" (equals).  yet
another fine example of consistency in this codebase ;)

--Geoff