httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:26:07 GMT

stas@apache.org wrote:
> stas        2004/08/26 17:51:55
>
>   Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
>                perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
>   Log:
>   Make sure that when Apache-Test is a part of modperl-2.0 checkout, the
>   interactive configuration is properly run (it must not be run when
>   mod_perl 2.0 is tested since it should have all the info needed to run
>   the tests).

>   -use constant IS_MOD_PERL_2_BUILD => IS_MOD_PERL_2 &&
>   -    require Apache::Build && Apache::Build::IS_MOD_PERL_BUILD();
>   -
>    use constant IS_APACHE_TEST_BUILD =>
>        grep { -e "$_/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm" } qw(Apache-Test . ..);
>
>   +use constant IS_MOD_PERL_2_BUILD =>
>   +    IS_MOD_PERL_2 && !IS_APACHE_TEST_BUILD &&
>   +    require Apache::Build && Apache::Build::IS_MOD_PERL_BUILD();
>   +

this borked the mod_perl build.  IS_APACHE_TEST_BUILD now reports back true
for a mod_perl checkout, which makes IS_MOD_PERL_2_BUILD false.  the result
is that Apache2.pm is added to t/TEST but lib/ is not, so t/TEST can't run
on a fresh checkout (where there are no mod_perl files in site_lib).

I think the attached patch makes more sense, but I'm not sure if it collides
with the problem you were trying to solve.

--Geoff