httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: Flood Testing mod_auth_ldap
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:25:14 GMT
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:44:57 -0400
Tod Thomas <tthomas@chubb.com> wrote:

> I have apache 2.0.51 compiled with mod_auth_ldap support.  I was
> wondering if anybody has tried flood to stress test this configuration
> and could help me out.
>
> I need to be able to randomly test a large number of users attempting to
> validate themselves to a secure web site.  I think I can handle
> configuring the load using flood but I'm not sure how to tell it to
> respond to the login prompt.  Is there a way I can automate a user login
> with flood and do this?

Not really. Flood considers 401 response as error and ignores WWW-Authenticate
header. You have to know which urls are protected, and access them like
this:

<url user="foo" password="bar">http://www.example/com/protected</url>

The presence of user and password attributes triggers creation of
Authorization header (Basic).

regards,
Jacek Prucia