httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: fixed range for random variables
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:19:26 GMT
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:45:17 -0700
"Guy Ferraiolo" <guy.ferraiolo@cnet.com> wrote:

> That's great.  I have a need for non-numeric random substitution and I
> don't want to do something contradictory.

I was hoping for a few days dedicated to flood development, but I had to
settle for a few hours. Somehow I managed to prepare a patch which brings this
functionality (see attachment). You can use fixed size random numbers like
this:

<url requesttemplate="http://www.x.com/test?id=${(-6:27)=id}" />

If you omit colon like this:

<url requesttemplate="http://www.x.com/test?id=${(128)=id}" />

It will result in a range from 0 to 128.

This patch is very simple, and nearly offers no protection against wrong
ranges (like 543:-256), so use with care. If there are no objections it will
be commited, as soon, as I prepare paragraph describing this feature.

regards,
Jacek Prucia