httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: errors building flood --> /bin/sh: line 1: silent: command not found
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:41:04 GMT
--On Monday, August 23, 2004 5:29 PM -0700 Max Cooper <max@maxcooper.com>
wrote:

> I need a flood binary that I can run on my Linux box, but I am having
> trouble building one.
>
> I followed the build instructions on this web page:
> http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/building.html
>
> apr and apr-util seem to build okay, but it looks like make is trying to
> run some commands that don't make sense when it tries to build flood. I
> believe the problem is with the build system rather than the flood
> source code.

The culprits are:

./configure: line 1: ./apr/apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr/apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr/apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr/apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr/apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr-util/apu-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr-util/apu-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./apr-util/apu-config: No such file or directory

The reason is that HEAD of apr and apr-util doesn't have apr-config and
apu-config any more.  (They now create apr-1-config and apu-1-config.)  A
quick fix solution is to copy apr/build/find_apr.m4->build/find_apr.m4 and
apr-util/build/find_apu.m4->build/find_apu.m4 and re-run buildconf.  That
should work.

I'm also updating the copy of find_apr.m4 and find_apu.m4 in the flood tree
as well.  So, a cvs update in 15-20 minutes should also work.  -- justin