httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: failing httpd-test tests
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:33:34 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Joe Orton wrote:

>>>yes, I see that there is no aaa stuff in your resulting conf, which I assume
>>>is because you don't have any aaa LoadModule statements in your main
>>>httpd.conf.  this should be fine under normal circumstances.  the only thing
>>>I can think of that might trip this up is if you have those modules compiled
>>>statically, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>

>>Yes, indeed.
>>
>>$ ./bin/httpd  -l | grep mod_auth
>>  mod_authn_file.c
>>  mod_authn_default.c
>>  mod_authz_host.c
>>  mod_authz_groupfile.c
>>  mod_authz_user.c
>>  mod_authz_default.c
>>  mod_auth_basic.c
>

> ok, that's an important point.  if these used to work with an identical
> (static) httpd then something definitely broke recently.  personally, I've
> never tried with a heavy-static httpd so I don't know how it used to behave.
>

>>>and post the resulting output - the call to need_access should be sufficient
>>>to keep that test from running at all if it can't find an appropriate aaa
>>>module.
>>

>>All tests which expect access do pass, all those expecting access denial
>>fail, i.e. failing exactly as if no access control is applied.
>

> ok, I think I see it.
>
> anyway, check t/conf/extra.conf for <IfModule "mod_access.c"> - the
> mod_access there is expanded from @ACCESS_MODULE" which is supposed to find
> the right one (mod_access or mod_authz_host).  since it wasn't found, the
> default mod_access was used and thus the .htaccess files would not be picked up.
>
> funny that the call to need_access isn't stopping the tests, though - that
> seems like a bug as well.
>
> anyway, at this point we can probably wait for stas to show up, since I
> wasn't following his changes of late.

I have tested with a checkout from Aug 1 and t/modules/access fails just
the same, so it's definitely unrelated to my changes over the weekend. I
suppose the easiest way to figure out what change broke things is to try
a few more checkouts and see when it got bad. Since Joe says that July
25 was fine, then it's somewhere in those 5 days in between that things
got wrong.