httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Test::More server support redux
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:59:27 GMT
hi all...

michael schwern is very close to releasing Test::More 0.49, which is the
first version of Test::More that we can use as the server-backend for
Apache::Test.

I would like to integrate the Test::More foo into A-T as soon as 0.49 comes
out.  so, if you are interested in Test::More support and have some free
tuits, I would appreciate some feedback on the work I have thus far.

the first thing to do is download the latest Test::More

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.48_02.tar.gz

which schwern said is really the release candidate for 0.49.

then, apply the attached patch and let me know how the tests turn out.
really, I know that the Apache/Test.pm patch works, so if you have test
failures it is more likely due to the test setup itself - I didn't want to
move from Apache::TestRun to Apache::TestRunPerl so I needed to set up some
of the mod_perl specific things myself.  hopefully I got most of them right :)

the tests pass successfully for me for apache 1.3 and 2.0, both with and
without mod_perl installed (well, they don't run with without mod_perl but
they don't implode either ;)

anyway, as I've mentioned before, I've been using Test::More as the backend
for a while now on a corporate project and it rocks, so I'm excited to port
it over when 0.49 is official.  feedback welcome.

--Geoff