httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRequest.pm
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:24:17 GMT
On Jul 31, 2004, at 1:14 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> so, have_foo is intuitive to be used anywhere in the code, and plan
> now will look like:
>
> plan tests => 5, need_lwp, need_cgi, need_php;

I like this, but isn't it putting the onus of change on module owners
and introducing the likelihood of unexpected test failures when module
owners don't realize that they need to change their C<use> lines from
have_* to need_*?

Perhaps we leave have_* with its current semantics, but then add
"got_*" for the new semantics to be used anywhere in the code:

   # Always allow redirection.
   my $redir = got_lwp ? [qw(GET HEAD POST)] : 1;
   Apache::TestRequest::user_agent(reset => 1,
                                     requests_redirectable => $redir);

Regards,

David