httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm TestConfigPerl.pm
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:32:33 GMT

David Wheeler wrote:
> On Jul 14, 2004, at 5:01 PM, randyk@apache.org wrote:
>
>>  +If a directory t/lib exists from where the tests are run, adjust
>>   +@INC so that this directory is added when running the tests,
>>   +both within t/TEST and within t/conf/modperl_inc.pl.
>>   +This allows inclusion of modules specific to the tests that
>>   +aren't intended to be installed. [Stas, Randy]
>

> Oh, nice! Now maybe I'll be able to get rid of this in my
> t/conf/extra.conf.in:
>
>   <Perl>
>     use File::Spec::Functions qw(catdir);
>     use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', 'lib';
>     use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'blib';
>     use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'lib';
>   </Perl>
>
> Yes?

you shouldn't have needed that - those are all defined in modperl_inc.pl IIRC.

I used to need to do that in order to test XS modules and other such things
that would require those directories prior to loading extra.conf.in, then
came extra.last.conf.in, which is guaranteed to load after mod_perl twiddles
@INC, which solved all my problems (and hopefully yours too :)

--Geoff