httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: A::T :withtestmore
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:42:55 GMT

> The problem appears to be due to headers not being sent when using
> Test::More. I found the code in Apache::Test which initializes a handler
> when `plan $r, tests => 10` is called.

you can't use Test::More on the server side (that is, from a handler, such
as you have here).  at least not with the current Apache-Test.

to do that, you need to apply the attached patch - it may have some fuzz due
to a change that I just implemented this week, but I have been using it for
a few months now and haven't had any problems (once I figured out all the
issues, that is).

so, apply the patch and read the docs in the patch and you should be good to
go.  if you have trouble getting it to apply I'll whip up a current one next
week.

oh, and keep in mind that until Test::More goes official with the features
in the (required) development version this will _not_ get integrated into
Apache-Test.  that's not to say I haven't found it stable, but rather that
we can't integrate features into our stable software that depend on an
external development API.

--Geoff