httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache-Test module skeletons
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:23:58 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
>>>What about requiring 'Apache' for mp1-related modules
>>>(since 'Apache' doesn't exist within mp2), and for mp2
>>>modules, requiring 'Apache2' (which doesn't exist within
>>>mp1)?
>>
>>It won't work since the version number lives in the
>>package mod_perl.  and most likely you'd want to require a
>>minimal version at some point.
>

> That's true - I forgot about that ... One could tie the
> version of Apache.pm (for mp1) or Apache2.pm (for mp2) to
> the corresponding mod_perl.pm version, and make a note of
> that in the RELEASE notes, but I agree, that's not
> addressing the underlying issue.

I don't know how M::B does the version checking, but EU::MM does file
parsing, searching for the $VERSION line, so the version number must be
hardcoded there, unless you do something like:

$VERSION = do { require Apache2; require mod_perl.pm; $mod_perl::VERSION }

since EU::MM is going to run that in eval STRING. I thikn CPAN.pm does
the same, not sure about CPANPLUS.