httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [Module::Build] Re: Apache::TestMB
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:19:41 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, David Wheeler wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2004, at 7:32 AM, Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> > Right now the Makefile is generated by methods within
> > Apache/TestConfigC.pm, which generally consists of calling
> > the apxs utility to compile the module (as well as
> > implementing a 'clean' target). In principle I think this
> > could be done via Module::Build with an appropriate
> > Build.PL and the corresponding changes within
> > Apache/TestConfigC.pm to call it.
>
> Okay. I've put in some placeholder methods for this;
> Randy, can you add the necessary code?

Sure, it should be relatively straightforward ... But I'd
like to get, especially, Stas' opinion on this - adding this
in will necessarily introduce a few branches in the
Apache/TestConfigC.pm code related to, first of all, whether
to write a Makefile.PL or a Build.PL (and the ensuing
different syntax), and then secondly, how to use them.

--
best regards,
randy