httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Apache::TestMB
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:16:27 GMT
On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:05 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> ah, yes, it tries to figure out where it is and move out of t/, as per
> your request earlier. Feel free to suggest a way to work it out. That
> particular code could be made into a subclassable method, which your
> subclass could implement differently.

Fair enough.

> How are you going to avoid that? I mean your users need to be able to
> run certain features of Apache-Test, which are beyond 'make test'. May
> be you want to always create t/TEST, but run 'make test' without
> invoking t/TEST?

I meant that I wanted to avoid dealing with it. ;-) The current
approach works, but if I get rid of t/TEST, I would have to deal with
it. The only other approach would be if this stuff was abstracted into
a function or method in Apache::TestRun. Then I could just call it with
the appropriate arguments.

> Creo que si, i.e. yes :)

Done, thanks.

> there is no C, there is perl that creates the necessary build
> environment.

Oh, sorry. Where do I find it?

> Yes please, we use 4 everywhere.

Ick. Done. I only noticed two spaces in one place in generate_script().
Unless you want lines following an opening paren (as in the calls to
do_system()) to be indented only 4 spaces, rather than lined up with
the previous line?

> I meant the fact that '$script.PL' doesn't interpolate $script.

Oh, duh. Fixed.

>>> Also you can use shortcuts from Apache::TestTrace to do logging.
>> Um, I have no idea what you're talking about here. Sorry.
>
> use Apache::TestTrace;
>
> debug "foo";
>
> error "bar";
>
> etc...
>
> The tracelevel will automatically enable and disable various trace
> levels. See Apache::TestTrace for more info.

Um, okay, but what needs to change in TestMB.pm to address this? Is
there something missing? I didn't notice anything about this in
TestMM.pm.

Regards,

David