httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Apache::TestMB
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:13:00 GMT
On Jun 21, 2004, at 8:29 PM, Ken Williams wrote:

> I see - so the author would design their tests so they could be run
> either with or without a live server?  I'm guessing many authors would
> want to require a live server, and thus rely on Apache::TestMB.

Most module authors design their tests to rely on the presence or
absences of Apache::Test already, AFAIK. t/08apache.t in
MasonX::Interp::WithCallbacks, for example, looks like this:

BEGIN {
     plan skip_all => 'Testing of apache_req requires Apache::Test'
       unless eval {require Apache::Test};

     plan skip_all => 'Test of apache_req requires mod_perl'
       unless Apache::Test::have_module('mod_perl.c');

     require Apache::TestRequest;
     Apache::TestRequest->import(qw(GET POST));

     plan tests => 178;
}

Anyway, this gives them the option; they could always put Apache::Test
in build_requires and then expect it to be there, I guess.

Regards,

David