httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Apache::TestMB
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:47:09 GMT
On Jun 22, 2004, at 10:33 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Absolutely. It's really just:
>
> MyTest->new->run(@ARGV);
>
> where MyTest is a subclass of Apache::TestRunPerl

I tried that, but it didn't work. I'm not sure why. The first problem
was this code:

     $0 = File::Spec->rel2abs($0);
     if (-e $0) {
         my $top = dirname dirname $0;
         chdir $top if $top and -d $top;
     }

Which moved things out of the module root, since Build.PL isn't in t/.
I got 'round that by doing C<local $0 = ''>, but then nothing else
happened. Odd.

> Though you will need to figure out how to pass the options, which is
> already not trivial at all, since there are quite a few ways to feed
> them in at different phases.

Yes, that's the other thing I wanted to avoid.

>  May be you should use a wrapper around t/TEST which works just the
> same.

That's the way it works now.

>> * I wasn't sure how the TEST_FILES environment variable was supposed
>> to work. So I'm just passing it to the call to t/TEST if it exists.
>> Stas, is this the correct thing to do?
>
> I think yes, but why not keep it an env var?

It is an environment variable. If, however, you mean that t/TEST spots
the environment variable and does the right thing, then cool, I'll
simply take out out of TestMB.

> I believe it's autogenerated, I didn't write that code, so you can
> look just as well :) You can use libapreq-2's source from CPAN to see
> how c-modules work.

Pass. I don't really do C. I put in some stubs for it, though.

> I've skimmed the source, it looks good David, but please use
> indentation of 4 everywhere.

I did; only lines that continue from a previous line use two spaces. If
you want four there (confusing, IMO), I can change it.

> Also how the following code is supposed to work?
>
>     my $infile = '$script.PL';
>     if (-f $infile) {

It will use t/TEST.PL to generate t/TEST if t/TEST.PL exists.
Otherwise, it generates t/TEST like TestConfig::generate_script().
does.

> Also you can use shortcuts from Apache::TestTrace to do logging.

Um, I have no idea what you're talking about here. Sorry.

Regards,

David