httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: switching t_cmp() argument order
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:56:31 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>But it's quite possible that argument could be readonly while not a
>>string, a simple example is a return value of a function:
>>
>>% perl -le 'a(b(), "b"); sub a {($_[0], $_[1]) = ($_[1], $_[0]);}; \
>>            sub b { 5 }'
>>Modification of a read-only value attempted at -e line 1.
>

> I think you need to revisit that example :)

I fail to see what do you mean.

> ok, the attached patch reflects that.

excellent!

the only remaining nit is the deprecation cycle, let's say we happen to
release the next few versions within this month, then you hit 1.15 really
soon. I think it's a matter of time and not release numbers. So may be it's
better to say, let's give people some 3 months to move over and set a certain
date as a cutoff rather than a version number? Just an idea...