httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Apache::test + mod_ssl
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:24:36 GMT
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:13:53AM +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:
> David Wheeler wrote:
> >>Where does it create that semaphore file with A-T? May be it's the env
> >>val for $TMPDIR? but it's specific to modperl-2.0.
> >
> >All I know is what the error message says:
> >
> >Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.mm.6521") failed
> >Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied):
> >OS: No such file or directory
> >
> >I'm guessing that under A-T, it creates it in the test directory.

The problem is that if you use an EAPI-patched-1.3, you get a path to a
mutex file hard-coded into the httpd binary.  If this path is absolute,
as above, then you need permission in that path to create a file, so
using httpd-test to run httpd as a user doesn't work if that path is
only writable by root, obviously.

You can compile EAPI-patched-1.3 with a relative EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH (or
wahtever it is, I don't remember), and the problem will go away as it
will become effectively ServerRoot-relative.

All IIRC :)

joe