httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 21:19:10 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:43:49PM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>So does this file exist and executable? /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd? any
>>symlinks involved? I fail to reproduce it on my machine.
>

> Yes, it exists and is executable. I wonder if there is a permissions
> problem.... That appears to be a problem. If I try to run it as a normal
> user (which is how I was testing), I get the following error:
>
>   Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.mm.6895")
>   failed
>   Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied):
>   OS: No such file or directory
>
> Of course, that is using the default configuration file which is
> probably the reason its trying to write to /usr/local/apache/logs.
>
> However, if I go to the t/conf directory and try the following command:
>
>     /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -f httpd.conf
>
> I'm getting similar output:
>
>     Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.mm.7012")
>     failed
>     Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied):
>     OS: No such file or directory

so it's not A-T's problem. It tries to run httpd to get the needed info and it
fails since httpd is broken.

Now, why is it broken I don't know. Something to do with libmm I guess. Have
you upgraded it or something? I guess you want to ask that at the apache-users
mailing list.  I have never seen this kind of problem before.