httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 18:58:36 GMT
William McKee wrote:
>>please take the time to excercise the candidate through all your existing
>>applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.
>

> I had errors during testing which appear to be due to problems with the
> auto configuration. Here's the steps I used:
>
>     perl Makefile.PL
>     make
>     make test
>
> Here's the output of the last command:
>
>    /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
>    t/TEST -clean
>    setting ulimit to allow core files
>    ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl /home/william/perl/Apache-Test-1.11-dev/t/TEST
-clean
>    APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_PORT= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_APXS=
\
>    /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
>    t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
>    setting ulimit to allow core files
>    ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl /home/william/perl/Apache-Test-1.11-dev/t/TEST
-bugreport -verbose=0
>    configure() has failed: Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm
line 1006.

>    forcing Apache::TestConfig object save
>    run 't/TEST -clean' to clean up before continuing
>    +-----------------------------------------------------+
>    | To report problems please refer to the SUPPORT file |
>    +-----------------------------------------------------+
>    make: *** [run_tests] Error 1
>

> However everything works fine with the following command:
>
>     perl Makefile.PL --httpd /usr/local/apache/bin/http
>     make
>     make test
>
> So, it appears that the configurator is not working for me.

Thanks William, it was due to my recent change to remove the use of revision 2
as a default.
I was able to reproduce it. Now fixed in cvs. Please confirm that it works for
you.

We weren't catching it because we didn't test without httpd path arg, I'll add
the instructions to the RELEASE doc so we will in the future.