httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:55:01 GMT
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 stas@apache.org wrote:

> stas        2004/04/04 21:35:21
>
>   Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRun.pm
>                         TestConfig.pm
>                perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
>   Log:
>   Don't try to set ulimit unlimited for coredumps on Solaris, unless run
>   as root
>   Submitted by:	Rob Kinyon <Rob.Kinyon@progressive-medical.com>

Um, wait, why is this?  I have "ulimit -c unlimited" in my non-root-user
.bashrc on Solaris 8 and it works fine (it worked on other versions as
well).

The only time it won't let you set it as a normal user that I was aware of
was when the system-wide login script has it set to something less than
"unlimited" explicitly ... a normal user can decrease the limit but not
increase it.

--Cliff