httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: Odd script behavior in test environment
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:48:05 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've got a problem with a cgi script that is running under Apache::Test.
> Basically, the script runs fine on my production server but is failing
> in my test environment. The error message indicates that I'm missing a
> closing brace or bracket. I've checked the file and do not see a
> problem. In addition, perl -c returns syntax ok.
> The file has an __END__ token with a bit of old, commented code after
> it. The error message in my t/logs/error.log file puts the error at this
> line.  Removing the __END__ token lets the script run in my test
> environment with no errors. This doesn't make any sense to me. Is A::T
> doing something to my test scripts that would be incompatible with an
> END token?

not A-T, but Registry. My guess is that your production is running under mp2
but your test is under mp1? mp2's registry strips __FOO__ tokens, mp1's
doesn't. hence the difference.

Always remember to tell us the whole story, not just fragments of it and save
us and yourself time.
Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message