httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Strange problem with Apache::Test v. 1.07-1.09
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:50:53 GMT
Barry King wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry to bother you with this, but I've come across a problem with
> Apache::Test that I can't find the cause of.  I am hoping you will know
> immediately what the cause is, so I'm writing you after a day of testing
> and debugging.
>
> I have two nearly-identically installed debian boxes.  Both compile and
> test Apache::Test vers. 1.07-1.09 perfectly.  They have very similar
> installs of perl: the same libwww, the same mod_perl, libapreq,
> apachectl, etc.  They have the same apache configuration and binaries.
>
> I have a module (cpan: Apache::Wyrd) that tests fine on one, but on the
> other fails because the document root is the same as the default
> document root on that server, so documents under t/htdocs return 404.  I
> thought it might be a problem with following aliases, but both servers
> direct apache to the files via the same alias.

Barry, I'm not sure I understand the last paragraph, I download
Apache-Wyrd-0.82 and tested it just fine. I see:

ServerRoot   "/tmp/Apache-Wyrd-0.82/t"
DocumentRoot "/tmp/Apache-Wyrd-0.82/t/htdocs"

in the autogenerated t/conf/httpd.conf

Where does that phrase:

  because the document root is the same as the default
  document root on that server, so documents under ...

fit into the picture? Which aliases are you talking about?

BTW, i see you hardcode the port and hostname in extra.conf.in. You should use:

   @ServerName@:@Port@/login.html

instead, since they can be different from the default ones.

Also, I'm not sure why you needed:

	use lib '@ServerRoot@/../blib/lib';

it should be already in @INC.

If you want to test against live modules, move your Wyrd main dir into
lib/Wyrd and run the tests with env var APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV=1.