httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:03:12 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 stas@apache.org wrote:
>

>>stas        2004/04/04 21:35:21
>>
>>  Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRun.pm
>>                        TestConfig.pm
>>               perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
>>  Log:
>>  Don't try to set ulimit unlimited for coredumps on Solaris, unless run
>>  as root
>>  Submitted by:	Rob Kinyon <Rob.Kinyon@progressive-medical.com>
>

> Um, wait, why is this?  I have "ulimit -c unlimited" in my non-root-user
> .bashrc on Solaris 8 and it works fine (it worked on other versions as
> well).
>
> The only time it won't let you set it as a normal user that I was aware of
> was when the system-wide login script has it set to something less than
> "unlimited" explicitly ... a normal user can decrease the limit but not
> increase it.

Cool, can you patch it so that it'll check first whether it can do that,
before it does that? We get users reporting problems when ulimit fails. I
don't have an access to Solaris, so if you can fix that, that would be great.
Thanks.

I guess it needs to check the output of 'ulimit -c' and do the decision based
on that. But I'll leave it to you to get the right logic.