httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache test -- Perl-test-framework
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:30:41 GMT
Abhishek Khandelwal wrote:
> Is there a way to count the total number of tests when the perl-test
> suits are run.
> If all the tests passes, then in final report it specifies the total
> number of files and total number of tests run. But in case there are
> tests which fails, it publishes a report which looks like as follows:

> Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> modules/cgi.t                   50   21  42.00%  14 16 24 26 28 30 32 34 36 38-
>                                                  41 43-50
> modules/include.t               82    6   7.32%  11 27 39 41-42 65
> ssl/http.t         255 65280     2    4 200.00%  1-2
> ssl/proxy.t                    169    2   1.18%  114 117
> 2 tests and 14 subtests skipped.
> !!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)

> Now I dont have any way to know how many total tests were run as the report only shows
the results of failed tests.

> Does anyone know a way to do it. My guess is, I can somehow instrument Apache::Test or
Apache::TestRequest etc to get the total count.

> Please help.

Abhishek, this report is printed by Test::Harness, not Apache-Test, i.e. it's
not under our control. Feel free
to contact the authors of Test::Harness at bug-test-harness <at> rt.cpan.org
and ask them to fix that. This part of the report is definitely missing, IMHO.
Thanks.