httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm TestConfigParse.pm
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 06:58:50 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>By splicing you mean 'Include ken_extra.conf' from t/conf/httpd.conf?
>>Yes, but have_module() doesn't look it up in any of the conf files, it
>>looks it up from the config object $cfg->{modules} which get populate
>>with available modules when the config is generated, and it only scans
>>the inherited file, it doesn't scan any of the files in t/conf.
>

> no, what I meant was that ken_extra.conf (httpd.extra.conf.in ->
> httpd.extra.conf) would get appended to the currently generated httpd.conf,
> then _that_ result is what is scanned.  but maybe it's not as simple to
> change the internal logic to accomodate that.

But we don't scan anything in t/conf/, besides replacing @vars@ and assigning
ports. You will have to change the logic to do that. Therefore inhereted
config is a perfect fit, since we do scan it for LoadModule directives.

>>>anyway I was just making a suggestion - it seems limiting to me not to
>>>have
>>>substitution in extra configuration files,
>>

>>But that's exactly what Ken doesn't want. He wants to give his own file
>>which he has cooked already. This new option and your suggestion don't
>>contradict each other. and each has a merit for existence.
>

> I still don't see how the idea I'm proposing isn't sufficient, save that it
> would need to live within t/conf.  that we could make it support variable
> substitution doesn't mean that it can't be 100% hard-coded.

It just won't work the way things are now. Again, what Ken needs is scanning
of LoadModule directives.