httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "Eram Abbasi" <e...@sat.net.pk>
Subject Linux help required urgently
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:53:07 GMT
I am a MS student at SZABIST. I have a task to test the Apache webserver on Linux. For this
purpose I found the following "ab"command but don't know how to work with this command. I
have read the man page as well but could not succeed. I understand the options. Can you please
guide me exactly what to put here: [http://]hostname[:port]/path
ab[options][http://]hostname[:port]/path

Despite this I have also downloaded "Hammerhead" which is a webserver testing tool. But don't
know how to work with it. I have installed it but then how to proceed and what to do? Can
you please guide me here as well

OR if you know some other way of testing the webserver performance, please do let me know
how to do it.

This matter is very urgent and I need to submit the results as an assignment.

Hope to receive a reply from you soon.

Regards,

ERAM ABBASI

MS Student a SZABIST (PAKISTAN)