httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: testing apache 1.3 on windows
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:40:41 GMT
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> >
> > There is an alpha port of apxs for Win32 for Apache/2.0;
> > grab the script
> >    http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/install_apxs
> > and run it, which will fetch, configure, and install
> > it on your system.
>
> beauty.  except a) i had to add 'use File::Spec;' to Configure.pl,

Sorry about that - I'll fix that.

> and a 'perl t\TEST -config' blowes up trying to build mod_random_chunk
> (unresolved symbols _random and _srandom).

I noticed that too - I guess it needs linking against
some system library; I'll try to find out which one.

> but it's a whole lot better than before!
>
> do things of the form 'open($fh, "link foo |");' not work well
> on windows?  because i'm wondering if the giant .bat file could
> be replaced with a perl script that used that construct to do
> the linking..

Things like that do work in general, and that's a good idea.
I was going to clean the script up (in it's present form it
was a hacked port from the unix version), and I'll look at
doing something like that. Thanks.

--
best regards,
randy